Welcome to the European Data Forum 2014
- All Presentations of EDF2014 available in our EDF2014 SlideDeck as well as in our SlideShareDeck
- See the video recordings of the main track of EDF2014 by VideoLectures
- VoxPop Video of EDF2014 available: How Big is (Big) Data?
- Official photo stream of EDF2014 available on flickR
- 1st interviews from EDF2014 available: http://bit.ly/Q0rt48
- Read: Press Release for the Opening of EDF2014 [available in English & Greek]
The EDF2014 Programme
- Don't Miss: The detailed program for both Tracks of EDF2014
- Update: European Data Innovator Award 2014 goes to Johann Mittheisz
- Download: The detailed 24page program of EDF2014 [pdf - 12,8MB]
The European Data Forum (EDF) 2014 took place on March 19-20, 2014 in Athens, Greece.
The EDF is the annual meeting-point for data practitioners from industry, research, the public-sector and community initiatives, to discuss the opportunities and challenges of the emerging Data Economy in Europe.
EDF 2014 included keynotes from global experts in the field, submitted presentations, panel sessions and a 2-day exhibition. Focusing on recent developments (Open Data, Linked Data and Big Data), EDF 2014 balanced between technical, application and socio-economic issues. The talks delivered at EDF 2014 also provided input to research, project development, as well as policy activities at the European Commission (e.g. Horizon 2020) and to other relevant activities at EU member states. Central aim of EDF 2014 was to bring together all stakeholders involved in the data value chain. It also encouraged the exchange of knowledge and ideas leading to the strengthening of the European data economy and its positioning worldwide.
The EDF2014 took place in our Breathtaking Athens, a city where hospitality, setting and character are guaranteed to take your breath away.
Catch a glimpse of what the City of Athens has to offer in terms of conference, accommodation, and public transport facilities, as well as cultural, gastronomic, and leisure activities